David Laakso wrote:
>Vladimir Yashnikov wrote:
>>Page looks good in Firefox 1.5 and Opera 8+. I have 2 weird problems in IE.
>>I have problems with header and sidebar. I have no ideas how resolve it. :)
>[...]XP_S2 IE6.0 looks the same as FF and Opera. [...]
Under Win98SE: in IE6.0 the page has a gap above the header, and too
much margin in the sidebar.
I tried to download the html-file to see what I could manage. Then there
- IE could not download the file. - O.k., I copied the source code from
FF, and pasted in Notepad.
- Now all Cyrillic letters where transformed to "???". - O.k., seems
- Seeing the file (refering to the same css-file at yashnikov.ru) in IE
off-line: aha, gaps were disappeared! (?!)
- Back to Firefox: Firefox could download the complete file: so I did that.
- Looking in IE: gaps again!
- For safety: I set all top-margins and paddings to zero in the html
("by hand", with inline style for every div), what was already done in
the style sheet; you never know. But no closing of the gap! Impossible?!
- Now closely comparing the downloaded file and the "original source
code" (as viewed by Firefox) gives that they are not 100% identical!
Difference is: some strange signs before the doctype:
Downloaded: ï»¿ï»¿<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML
"Source code" in FF: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
Looking at the same source code in IE, then IE displays:
"Source code" in IE: ï»¿ï»¿<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML
When I delete the before-doctype things, IE is normal.
- And that doesn't sound too weird, for IE is flipping on everything
before the doctype. ;-)
IE7b2 testing hub -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=IE7
List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/