Scott Hamm wrote:
>This is my first attempt in creating CSS based logo. I already tested
>FireFox 1.5, Opera 8.51, IE 6.0 and Konqueror. Konqueror's (KDE 3.5)
>p.purpose has shrunk smaller than the rest of browsers. Any feedback?
>Thanks In Advance,
Nice experiment! I cannot give feedback with regard to Konqueror, I've
some general remarks.
- The filter:shadow(color:gray); is not valid css; and I think its works
only for IE (FF did not respond).
- At first sight I wondered why the line "An online resource ..." was
exceeding the box on the right side. Then I saw: I have (clientside) my
fontsize in FF one step bigger as normal. This plays also in IE: then
the text is splitted in two lines, the bottom one is under the box, with
a little grey as background-color.
- More enlargement of the fontsize makes it worse (then the "pitch"-text
is wrapping and interfering with the rest).
- Perhaps you can make the box div#logo scalable (in em). Then the box
will grow, but not the plane-image (because it is a backgrouind-image).
- To get the plane scalable, you will have to put him in the foreground
(as content of the div#logo, I guess), and translate the pixel-formats
in em's for width and height. Use of % in width and height doesn't work
here, for they are relative to the screen formats, which are unpredictible.
Wish you good luck, on keyboard and in the air!
List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/