On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:16:04 +0100, Gianfranco Todini
> This is the url: http://22.214.171.124/prototype-bacl/
I don't have a mac, but here's what I found.
No doubt you're using em as width units because of the advice found on
this list and elsewhere to that effect. The problem is that for the design
you've set up, px are the most appropriate for some parts. Particularly
those parts that are related to the images you're using which, of course,
have their widths specified in px.
For the "#page" and "#header #mainmenu" styles, change "width:53.5em" to
"width:770px". This matches the width of your top header image. For
"#partone" change "width:13em" to "width:193px". That matches the width of
the image. Or at least that's how you've styled "#secimg2", although the
source image is actually 195px wide.
If those changes are applied they fix up Opera, but I noticed in Firefox
that the "#secimg2" looked a bit off. Removing the negative left margin on
it fixed that.
You should check the rest of your styles for other inappropriate em usages.
You should also run your styles through the CSS validator - it picked up
some (unrelated) problems.
Andrew Gregory, <URL: [EMAIL-REMOVED] >
<URL: http://www.scss.com.au/family/andrew/ >
List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/