Only possible with tables...
It's working in theory but not in practice.
To make a long story short, it works here:
... and here:
But it doesn't work on the real site:
It works okay on pages where there's little content and the
footer sticks to the bottom, even when resizing the window, like here:
But on pages with lots of text, it sticks to wherever the bottom
of the page was when the page was loaded, and does not move, like here:
Obviously, the pages with real content have more elaborate style
sheets. But I can not see how the extra DIV tags, which are mostly in
the header, would cause the footer to behave differently. But that's
almost certainly because my CSS skills are too limited. I mean, I don't
really understand how the first example page successfully does what it
does, so that makes it very tough to trouble shoot.
Can I start griping yet about how such a simple effect shouldn't
be so difficult to make?
Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
- Only possible with tables... - Dave G, 31st October 2003 06:16
- Only possible with tables... - Alan Home, 31st October 2003 07:35
- Only possible with tables... - andy m, 31st October 2003 10:03
- Only possible with tables... - Zoe Gillenwater, 31st October 2003 20:29
- Only possible with tables... - Dave G, 4th November 2003 17:44
- Only possible with tables... - Al Sparber, 4th November 2003 18:59
- Only possible with tables... - Zoe Gillenwater, 4th November 2003 19:07
- Only possible with tables... - Dave Holloway, 4th November 2003 19:30
- Only possible with tables... - Scott Hamm, 4th November 2003 20:22
- Only possible with tables... - Dave Holloway, 4th November 2003 21:21