Previous Message
Next Message

OT: align img tag with inline css

Sent by Crest Christopher on 6 August 2016 19:07


  <img alt="selectpathspath3dissue.png" class="image-1 jive-image"
    src="/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/998019/selectpathspath3dissue.png"
    style="width: 620px; height: 574px;" />

    <img alt="path3dissue.png"
    src="/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/998020/path3dissue.png"
    style="width: 620px; height: 572px; display: inline;" />


I assume the first image has a inline css of display:inline-block as such;

<img alt="selectpathspath3dissue.png" class="image-1 jive-image"
    src="/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/998019/selectpathspath3dissue.png"
    style="width: 620px; height: 574px;display:inline-block;" />

    <img alt="path3dissue.png"
    src="/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/998020/path3dissue.png"
    style="width: 620px; height: 572px; display: inline;" />

Correct ?



> Philip Taylor [EMAIL-REMOVED]>
> Saturday, August 06, 2016 10:21 AM
>
> Crest Christopher wrote:
>> What is the inline css rule I would use so I have the second img tag
>> align horizontally with the first img tag ? I tried display:block for
>> the second img tag unfortunately the second image wouldn't align with
>> the first image ?
>>
>>     <body>
>>
>>     <p>
>>
>>     <img alt="selectpathspath3dissue.png" class="image-1 jive-image"
>>     src="/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/998019/selectpathspath3dissue.png"
>>     style="width: 620px; height: 574px;" />
>>
>>     <img alt="path3dissue.png"
>>     src="/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/998020/path3dissue.png"
>>     style="width: 620px; height: 572px; display: inline;" />
>>
>>     </p>
>>
>>     </body>
>
> Jan von Hausen wrote:
>> Images are inline elements, so they have properties like line-height (!,
>> which could give images extra space below!). I believe
>> display:inline-block; should work here. (Hope I’m following the rules;
>> never answered a question before.)
>>
>> Jan von Hausen
>
> Crest Christopher wrote:
>> The original question didn't get quoted ?
>
> Philip Taylor wrote:
>> Clearly not; whether or not to quote a message to which one is replying is at the discretion of
the person sending the reply.  Eric, in his ground rules for this list [1], advocates heavy pruning.
 Jan has pruned completely, which the ground rules do not state is unacceptable.  As Eric notes,
"list members can look at the message to which [the respondent] responded, or check the archive".
>>
>> [1] http://www.css-discuss.org/policies.html
>
> Crest Christopher wrote:
>> I wanted to reply based on the original message !
>
> You can.  Just as I have.  If you do not like the fact that someone
> who is trying to help you has not quoted your original message, you
> are free to re-insert the original message in your reply.  But none of
> this discussion has anything to do with CSS.
>
> Crest Christopher [EMAIL-REMOVED]>
> Saturday, August 06, 2016 8:06 AM
> I wanted to reply based on the original message !
> ______________________________________________________________________
> css-discuss [EMAIL-REMOVED]]
> http://www.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d
> List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
> List policies -- http://css-discuss.org/policies.html
> Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
> Philip Taylor [EMAIL-REMOVED]>
> Saturday, August 06, 2016 7:46 AM
> Clearly not; whether or not to quote a message to which one is
> replying is at the discretion of the person sending the reply. Eric,
> in his ground rules for this list [1], advocates heavy pruning. Jan
> has pruned completely, which the ground rules do not state is
> unacceptable. As Eric notes, "list members can look at the message to
> which [the respondent] responded, or check the archive".
>
> [1] http://www.css-discuss.org/policies.html
> --------
> Crest Christopher [EMAIL-REMOVED]>
> Friday, August 05, 2016 10:56 PM
> The original question didn't get quoted ?
>
>
> Jan von Hausen [EMAIL-REMOVED]>
> Friday, August 05, 2016 10:07 PM
> Images are inline elements, so they have properties like line-height (!,
> which could give images extra space below!). I believe
> display:inline-block; should work here. (Hope I’m following the rules;
> never answered a question before.)
>
> Jan von Hausen
> ______________________________________________________________________
> css-discuss [EMAIL-REMOVED]]
> http://www.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d
> List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
> List policies -- http://css-discuss.org/policies.html
> Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

______________________________________________________________________
css-discuss [EMAIL-REMOVED]]
http://www.css-discuss.org/mailman/listinfo/css-d
List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
List policies -- http://css-discuss.org/policies.html
Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
Previous Message
Next Message

Message thread:

Possibly related: