Previous Message
Next Message

Re: [css-d] What is the equivalent to valign?

Sent by Jin Kim on 28 August 2002 00:12

On 8/27/02 7:01 PM, "::cheryl::" [EMAIL-REMOVED]> wrote:

> At 23:59 +0100 8/27/02, Julian Voelcker wrote:
>> I want to get some text to float in the middle of a layer in the
>> vertical axis - with tables I would use valign="middle".
>> Is it possible to do this with CSS?
> Julian,
> I know this one!
> "vertical-align"

Unfortunately this will not work.  "vertical-align" applies at inline level,
not at block level.

As of now there is no way to reliably vertically align as we were able to
using tables.

Previous Message
Next Message

Message thread: