Previous Message
Next Message

Re: [css-d] looking for: "css for specific html tags" reference

Sent by shining monkey on 31 January 2002 18:06

>Anything on these 2 above pages marked with a "D" in the "Depr" column 
>means it's deprecated - ie replaced by a CSS equivalent. If you click on 
>the link in the "Name" column, it should take you to the HTML 
>recommendation and possibly tell you what the replacement CSS is.

Thanks, but that's not exactly what I had in mind.  

I'm looking for a reference for cases where you know which html elements you want to use, but you
aren't sure which css properties will actually do anything to them, and you need to know how to set
the attributes of various 
parts of the html tag.  
For example,  if you had a textarea input, and you wanted to be able to control the scroll-bar, you
could find out the exact property names that you have to set in order to control it (the shading,
etc).  The current method I use to 
discover things like this is to just search and play until I figure it out, but I was hoping for
something a bit faster

Previous Message
Next Message

Message thread:

Possibly related: